STOKE Space Technologies is building entirely reusable rockets to deliver payloads to orbit daily.
The avionics system is the backbone of highly reusable, operable, and reliable space systems. As the first dedicated Avionics Electrical Engineer at an early-stage start-up, you will own all aspects of avionics development, and you will carry it through the entire hardware lifecycle.
Your role will will encompass the development cycle of subsystems: from requirements and systems capture, PCB layout and fabrication, environmental test, and integration into the launch vehicle.
You will seek out state-of-the-art solutions to difficult problems and you will define company standards for avionics development. You must be ready to stay focused, move fast, self-direct, and learn on the fly.
- Exceptional command of fundamentals
- Proficiency in designing, procuring, and testing hardware for aerospace or similar harsh environments
- Practical and theoretical knowledge of electrical engineering.
- Experienced in circuit simulation using tools like PSpice
- 2+ years of PCB schematic capture and layout in Altium
- Hands on experience bringing physical hardware from a paper design to a full functioning prototype through a high cadence iterative design process.
- Knowledge of common tools and programming languages for embedded software and data analysis (e.g. C++, Python)
- Ability to lead & follow
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Design, fabrication, and test of a high reliability power bus architecture and accompanying subsystems.
- Quick turn-around of experimental PCB designs for various subsystems
- Wiring harness schematic capture
- Execution of environmental test plans including vibration, thermal, and vacuum testing.
- Support hardware in the loop (HITL) development to facilitate software testing and development
In your cover letter please include links or details to electrical engineering projects you brought to life and the role you played in each.